jueves, 28 de julio de 2011

What in the world is a hutch?

That was the beginning of a conversation I just had with two of my friends here, Anna and Natalie. Also surprising that this simple piece of dining room furniture was not as easy to describe to someone who has not heard of one. A combination between a china cabinet and a buffet was the best we could get.

Today has been an enjoyable day running errands and spending time with Anna and Natalie. We began the day attempting to set up a bank account, however I was not allowed to do this at the bank without a piece of mail with my address here on it. They referred me to signing up online first, and I now have a bank account and can beging making deposits and use other banking services. That's a relief to have that taken care of.

After many discussions about living here financially, I have my first priority has to be to find a cheaper apartment to live in that is within walking distance to the school and church. I don't have access to a car for now, and my house is a few miles away from both. If I can find a cheaper apartment close by, this will help me to raise funds and set aside money to pay for a down payment on a car and afford montly payments. In addition, many of the people I will be working with live within walking distance of the school and church, and it will be nice to be close to them. Please pray that I can have this figured out soon, and then I can begin focusing on getting a car.

Fun fact about Puerto Rico: It is the home to the only rainforest in the United States. It is called El Yunque, and its absolutely beautiful.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario