lunes, 5 de septiembre de 2011

Birthday Surprise!

It has been a very busy week. Last Saturday my parents surprised me with a visit that they've had planned since before I moved here! It was wonderful to have them here all week to join in on my life in Puerto Rico. They decorated my bedroom in my apartment, and it is beautiful.  It's uplifiting to have a bit of their creativity in my daily life! They were also able to visit my classroom, do a lot of sightseeing around the island, and celebrate my birthday with me. The rainforest has been closed due to hurricane damage, unfortunately, however there were still plenty of places to visit, including Old San Juan, the forts of San Juan, and an island owned by Puerto Rico called Culebra. Check out my Facebook page for photographs!!! Needless to say their surprise visit was such a great birthday present!

Yesterday was such an exciting day at the Toa Baja Christian Church. We had our Children's Service Kick-Off day. From now on our church's focus will turn to children's ministry in hopes to reach children and their parents in Levittown. We will begin each service with fun worship songs for the kids followed by a message. After this the kids split into small groups according to their grade. I am a leader for the 5th and 6th grade group with a college student named Marisol. The curriculum that we are using has a different theme for each month, and the month of September is about faith. Please Continue to pray for the TBCC ministry and the changes we are undergoing. We are encouraged after yesterday's kick-off, as all children and their parents seemed to enjoy the morning very much!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario