miércoles, 28 de septiembre de 2011

Fall

It's not an understatement to say that I have a slight obsession with fall. That obsession is probably worse this year since I am living on an island where of course leaves don't change color and the temperature doesn't become "crisp." There aren't hayrides or visits to the pumkin patches. I am missing fall so much more, knowing I cannot experience it. Except in ways that I can bring fall to the island.

So, I have been frantically been searching for fall scents to add to my apartment and classrooms. I am planning to host a fall party later in October so that all those here can bring their own fall recipes and traditions. I've even added a few decorations to my classroom. More will be added before long.

My favorite thing so far is my students' reactions to fall. I haven't failed in communicating  how much I love the season. I've been reading books about fall this week, and their faces are priceless when they see they red, yellow, and orange trees. They've never seen this in person before, so it's as if they are seeing a magical land of pretty trees. I wish that I had a pile of leaves for them to jump into. Maybe with a year's time I can figure out how to make that happen for next year's kindergarteners. They will be decorating their own leaves tomorrow to hang in my classroom, and I can't wait to see their reaction when they come in the room on Friday and see the leaves above their seats. It amazes me how even though I've lived through 24 falls, they have never experienced it before. Yet we are celebrating together with almost equal excitement. Makes me wonder how they will react when I teach them about winter and snow!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario