jueves, 6 de octubre de 2011

Where are you?

It's past midnight and just one of those nights where I have too much on my mind. So, what else should a girl do but blog?

Next week I will begin something new: leading a Women's Bible study. This will be with women from my school and church, and we will study Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place. Although Beth Moore is prominantly known, I've never done one of her studies before. Not sure if I've ever read any of her books come to think of it. At this point I've watched the introductory video in preparation for next week, and I am pumped. The main concept of this study is that God pursues us. He is in constant pursuit of us. In the introduction, Beth Moore says that God asks "Where are you?" Wherever we are in life, physically, spiritually, emotionally, He will meet us there.

This is a pretty loaded question for me right now. I'm in Puerto Rico, duh. I'm thousands of miles away in a brand new life that is drastically different than my life has been in the past few years. Everything I've been crying over, that I've been discontent about, everything that I've been begging God with every fiber of my being to give me (or give me relief from), I have been given. Ask and you shall receive. He's done so much so that I'm not even sure what do do with all of this: with a job and a full life that gives me purpose and meaning every day. With all the fellowship I could ask for. With the relief from things that Satan has used to torment me and tear my self-worth to shreds. Of course I miss home and my family, yet my life here is fulfilling so it doesn't make my homesick as extreme.

 That is where I am right now, and I feel that this question of  "Where are you?" is so pivotal in the continuation of this study. Leading this group of women is going to be a new but enriching experience.

So.... where are you? Wherever you are, that is will God will go as He pursues you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario