jueves, 27 de octubre de 2011

And if our God is for us, then who can ever stop us?

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to
be still." 
 (Exodus 14:14 NIV)

     I came across this verse earlier this week during my Bible study. The Israelites, led by Moses, were being pursued by the Egyptians. The Israelites, feeling scared and hopeless, had a sea ahead of them and an army behind them. These were the words that were spoken to Moses just before the instructions to lift his staff and observe the miraculous rescue that would follow.

     When I read this verse the first time this week, I had chills. It's been awhile since Scripture has had that effect on me. I'm glad that it did, because this is a verse that I cannot get out of my head this week. Last night as I was at our weekly womens' Bible study I began feeling very discouraged. When I got home and began going about my business I just felt like Satan was attacking me. This state of spiritual unrest lasted about 45 minutes or so, but I kept repeating Exodus 14:14 over and over again in prayer: "Jesus, you will fight for me. I just need to be still. YOU will fight Satan off of me right now. I need to just relax."  I went to bed still feeling horrible, but had this feeling that I should get online one last time before I went to sleep. Sure enough when I got on Facebook I had an answer from God. There was a message from a friend that was expressing the complete opposite of the lie I knew Satan was throwing at me all night. It was like God was confirming my prayer... HE was fighting for me last night.

     It's a pain that Satan never seems to stop. I've noticed his plan of attack often changes though. For the past couple of years at home there was one area of my life that he tore me to shreds with. It seemed like no matter how hard I fought, there was no relief. Here in Puerto Rico, however, I know he cannot touch that area of my life, for now at least. God's made it clear to me that I have relief. But now that I have a break with that area of my life, I am noticing Satan creeping in other areas. He isn't going to give up. Once we feel one thing is conquered, he's going to change weapons on us. Someone along the line has told me that anyone who actively pursues Christ and his ministry are Satan's greatest threats. He works double time on us.  I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it sure is obvious that he isn't going to back down. He will always find ways to get at us, even if he has to switch gears for awhile. 

     With that said, then it's a relief to know that he has nothing on our God. And if God is for us, then who can ever stop us????? (And yes, that is Chris Tomlin I am quoting.)

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario